Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Quick and Easy Wall Hanging

I have always loved this saying!  Laura and I decided to make a Eugene trip to get more craft supplies because we were both running low on almost everything.
I am so glad I went!
I was debating on what I wanted to put the saying on and was looking at wood when I came across this iron platter.  As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect.

Once I got the saying out of the wrapping I started by taking it away from the backing.  I know from previous experience it doesn't always want to cooperate.  So I took my time.

Once I finally got the backing off, I transferred it to my platter. I rubbed each individual letter with a popsicle stick I had laying around.  Then I started pulling it at a 45 degree angle being sure everything stayed where it was supposed to be.

And I was so pleased everything stayed put and turned out nice!

After everything had been transferred to the platter, I was debating on how to hang it.  I had bought some silky ribbon in a purple that I just loved.  I am so glad I did because I think it gave it a little character.

I had a blank wall in my living room that I had been dying to put something on.  This is the first thing I have loved enough to put on the wall.  I think it definitely gives the room a little more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment