Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Kitchen Utensil Holders


I got this idea from Amanda over at Crafts by Amanda. I loved the look of it and have never found a good way to store my utensils until now!  Brandi Jo and I decided to put our heads together and come up with our own spin on them.
Brandi Jo and I went to Dollar Tree in search of some containers and when we found these we knew they would be perfect.  So I went ahead and bought 3 of them.


We decided we wanted to use chalkboard paint and chalk to write Cook, Serve, and Bake.

We started by measuring 3 inches down from the top and made a dot with a black sharpie.  Then measured another 2 inches down and made another dot with a black sharpie.  We did this 3 times on each glass container.

After we had everything measured we used painters tape and ran the tape along the measured out dots.

Since we had the dots it ensured that everything was in line.

After we got the painters tape on the center portion we covered the rest of the containers with newpaper to make sure that the chalkboard tape only ended up where we wanted it.


We took the containers outside and sprayed one coat of chalkboard paint on them and waited for them to dry.

Once they were dry we added some purple damask packing tape onto the bottom of the containers.
After placing the tape on, Brandi Jo wrote the words onto the chalkboard paint in nice lettering.

We decided it needed a little bit more.  So we added some sequins that Brandi Jo had underneath the chalkboard paint.


I love the way they turned out.
This will spruce up my kitchen and actually be very functional.


This was such a fun project and I am so glad Brandi Jo and I were able to work on it together!
Thank you Amanda for giving me the inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cassidy this is awesome great first post!! I'll be using it as a post too! Your awesome and made it look so easy! Love it girl! Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grab my Been Featured and put in on your side bar!! Thanks for the shout outs and love

    ReplyDelete