Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath

So with all the talk of Spring and coffee filters I couldn't help but try out a new type of wreath.

I started out with one of the smaller wooden wreaths I bought at DollarTree.  I just started scrunching the coffee filters together and ended up with this.  I wasn't sure if I would like it at first but I kept going because looks can be deceiving.  These are just regular coffee filters. 

So this is what the flowers looked like after they were scrunched up and before they were glued onto the wreath.  Once I was done scrunching I put hot glue directly onto the wood of the wreath.

And before I knew it I had made it completely around the wreath!  At first I couldn't figure out what to add to it to make it more WOW.  And then I thought about the burned cork trivets I had made previously.  I knew I had a fantastic idea.  Since I love the German language I decided I wanted to use a German word that meant something and could help me with everything going on in my life.  I came across glauben which translates into believe or faith.

I knew I couldn't just leave the writing without anything so I added a little flower and sunshine to it.  Once I put that on I knew it needed something more still.  So I made a couple of fabric flowers to spruce it up a bit.

I like the way it turned out and will go perfect in my room.  I am definitely going to keep experimenting with coffee filter projects.

Oh and I planted a few Zinnia seeds and cannot wait for them to start sprouting!

HAPPY SPRING :)

No comments:

Post a Comment