Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Perfect Timing

So Brandi Jo, Laura, and I met up for our 2nd craft date yesterday.
This time we had decided to make fabric clocks.

I started out with an 8x10 blank canvas.

I had this cute fabric sitting around and I figured it would be perfect for my clock!
So I hot glued the fabric to the back of the canvas.

I liked it already before it had any numbers or the actual clock on it.

So I cute though the fabric and canvas with an exacto knife and slid the front part of the clock through.

I made sure the back of the clock was flush with the canvas before I put any screws on or anything.

I knew that I needed to add numbers so I looked for a color that would stand out but not be too crazy.  I found this pink that I thought would be perfect and went with it.

Brandi Jo had these cute stamps and I knew they would be perfect.

So I lined them all up where I wanted them to be.

I painted each of the stamps and stamped them onto the fabric.  I then painted the numbers a little more once they got on the fabric to make them stand out.
Once the paint dried I mod podged over the top to give it a more finished look.

I absolutely love the end result.  I hung it about my tv in the living room.  The only thing I was worried about was it not keeping the correct time.  I had to work with the screw that tightened it because if it was too tight both hands moved but if it wasn't tight enough the hands would move on right.  So it took a little bit but I finally accomplished it!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job crafting up a clock! I've never seen anything like this before...love it :)

    ReplyDelete