Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fun with Webbing

I was browsing around on a craft website one day. I came across spray webbing and asked around if anyone had used it before.  No one I asked had, so I figured it looked cool and wanted to see what I could do with it.
One of my girlfriends had some small drinking glasses she wanted to get rid of and so I gladly took them to try this project out on.  So I washed and dried all the surfaces.

I stuck my hand in the glass like I was washing the inside and sprayed the whole surface, holding it 12 inches away from the spray can.

What's cool about spray webbing is that you can make it light or dark depending on the end result you want.

This is what the glass looks like from the inside.


I decided I would use the glasses as votive holders because they looked really neat after I was done.
I was dying to use it more and just happened to have a large candle holder I thought would be perfect.

I love the way it turned out!


Here's a close up of the candle holder after I got done.  This was a fun easy project.  The one disappointing thing is that the webbing I could find only comes in 3 different colors: black, silver, and gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment