Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cork Trivets

I've really been wanting a woodburner and so I was browsing projects to try to show myself I really, really needed one.  When I came across this idea at Under the Sycamore.  It was then and there I knew that I could do tons of fun stuff with a wood burner.

I went online and found a cute font that I thought would burn nicely.

I started out by taping the letters to the cork trivets.

I decided that I didn't want to be boring and have them all at the same level so I changed where I placed the letter on each of the three cork circles.


This was my first time using a woodburner since middle school so I really wasn't sure how it would turn out.  I started by burning the outline of the letters so I wouldn't need the paper for the whole thing.

When I was done with the outlines I took the papers off.  I thought even with just the outlines it looked pretty cool, but thought it would look even better with the whole area burned.

And ta da.........my end result.  I didn't take a picture of the completely final result because I went to Dollar Tree and bought a cute placemat and hot glued them onto it.  I think I was pretty successful for my first time woodburning since middle school.

Thanks for looking :)

1 comment: