Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Side Table Restoration



I found this sweet little table while fabric shopping at St. Vinny's with Brand Jo.
I was imaging the possibilites and so I just had to have it.  I didn't exactly have a place for it when I bought it.
I loved what Brandi Jo did with a few of the pieces of furniture she had.
I noticed it had a white tag and was ecstatic because it meant it was 50% off.
I was able to score this for $7.50!

So I took it home and sanded it down.

Once I got it all sanded down Brandi Jo and I painted it with some paint my parents had laying around.
After the paint dried Brandi Jo and I roughed the paint up so the glaze would make the table look like it was antique.
As you can see we only ran the sandpaper over the top a few times, it didn't need to look uniform or anything.  The less uniform the more rutic which was the look we were going for.
After we got done roughing the paint up we wiped the table down with a cloth to make sure there was no left over dust.  As you can see Brandi Jo was very intensely making sure the dust was gone.
After the table was dusted off, we started putting the glaze on.  We chose brown rather than black. We had a damp cloth and a dry cloth on hand for wiping the glaze off after it had been applied.
We would get a little sidetracked and forget where the glaze had been applied and used the wet cloth to wipe it off.

This was my first furniture restoration and so Brandi Jo did everything showing me every step.
After the glazing was done we ended up with our finished product.


I think after everything was said and done we probably we able to restore this table for under $10 including the actual purchase of the table.

Looking at these pictures get me antsy to go to second hand stores and look for more furniture.  I had so much fun and am truly looking forward to more of Brandi Jo's guidance.

Oh and this table is not completely done because I want to add some pictures from my family background from when my family owned a dairy.  I cannot wait for the true end result.

Even so the table is so stinkin cute I will definitely find a place for it now :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it once again! You rock at this posting thing let me tell you it's not easy! BTW I used the table last night at the Pampered Chef party! It was a great little table for my scentsy !!! XOXOOX

    ReplyDelete