Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cake Stand

As I was cruising the net at work I came across a blog that showed how to make your own cake stand.  I have always wanted a cake stand but I've been too cheap or haven't found "the one".  It showed all you had to do was find a plate and a candlestick holder.  So I decided to go on a hunt.  I checked Dollar Tree first because you can find a lot of treasures there depending on what you I looking for.  I actually found my first dishes for college there.  I found the perfect plate that would look nice in any setting.  I was also able to find glass candlestick holders.  I decided I didn't need to add anything to them.  This was the cheapest and easier DIY project I had ever done.  I didn't tak pictures of the plate and candlestick before I started but I think you get the point. 

I measured out the the exact center of the plate and put a small sharpie dot. 



Then I put gorilla glue(that I borrowed from Dad) along the top of the candlestick holder and centered it on the bottom of the plate.



I then used a ceramic bowl to put pressure on the candlestick.

And ta da!!!!!

I love my finished product.  I'm so excited to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment